Saturday, June 21, 2008

AGAIN - Who is going to Hell?

I received one response from a Roman Catholic gentleman who showed me some evidence that the Catholic Church makes room for others' beliefs and that not all non-Christians are going to hell. Fair enough. I appreciate his diligence.

Now for the rest of you...please clarify for me - who goes to Hell? I know Methodists who told me that Baptists, Mormons, Catholics, and especially non-Christians are all going to hell to play poker with Satan. Mormons have told me that all non-Mormons are going to hell. Baptists and evangelicals tell me that Catholics, Methodists, and Mormons, and of course those pesky non-Christians are going to hell.

Will someone please clarify for me - Who is going to hell???? If we compromise on the fact that only evangelicals go to Heaven, then who is higher up on the list to go to Heaven?

For instance, if an evangelical has unconsenting anal and oral sex with a boy, and if you compare with a Catholic fireman who saves hundreds of lives, lives a good moral life, then who goes to heaven and who goes to hell?

Does the Evangelical go to Heaven anyway...despite the unconsenting homo molestation? Does the Catholic fireman go to hell despite all the lives he's saved and all of his wonderful works? How does the hell-bound hierarchy work?

I'm confused. If someone can clarify this for me I would greatly appreciate it.

God Bless all of you who belong to humanity. You are all divine beings capable of wonderful works, no matter what religion you follow. This is why I am a Hindu - because I can have such beliefs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your catholic aquaintance might have forgotten to tell you about the original and implaccable catholic/christian stance on unbelief held throughout christianism's history. Here's a catholic expert, long revered and regarded for his knowledge on the subject of christianism, on this matter:

From http://freetruth.50webs.org/A2a.htm
"Unbelievers deserve not only to be separated from the Church, but also... to be exterminated from the World by death."
- Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica, 1271

Modern Vatican documents swing this way and that, depending on how much power the church has at any given moment (at present it has so little compared to pre-war Europe, it is forced to defer to what appeals to public opinion). But if its power were to return, they will return to their unrelenting opinion (http://freetruth.50webs.org/A2d.htm).

There are still many Indian christians who follow the old catholicism and who refuse to fake it. (An example is the traditional pre-Pope Roncalli type Catholic at http://www.geocities.com/prakashjm45/index.html, see the links of it.)